Jobs at KUER 90.1
Would you like to work for Utah’s premier National Public Radio Station? If providing news, information and jazz to the community is important to you, then join the KUER team. The current KUER team consists of 21 full-time employees and 8 part-time employees. KUER provides employment in the following departments: Administration, Development, Engineering, Jazz, News and Operations. You can search the job listings through the University of Utah's job board here: University of Utah's Division of Human Resources.
Job Listings at KUER:
The following full-time position in KUER is now open: Development Specialist (Underwriting Associate)
The job number is: PRN03910B
Link to Apply: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/24325
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field, or equivalency; and demonstrated human relations and effective oral and written communications skills required. Experience which includes fundraising, grant and publication writing, planning and implementing special events and programs and a successful track record in raising donations is preferred. Travel to and from client meetings required. Ability to work extra hours during bi-annual fund drives. Must be able to lift/carry 40 lbs.
Preferences: Experience which includes direct solicitation of contributions, written and verbal presentations, strategy and market development, and/or marketing, sales, public relations, and proposal writing preferred. Demonstrated skills in fund-raising for non-profit organizations or proven sales record preferred. Ability to work well with community leaders in identifying and cultivating prospective underwriters and other donors preferred.
Responsibilities: Business and Corporate Support Associate: Direct-sales and relationship-based position will play a key-role in KUER’s fund raising efforts to support the station.
The successful Underwriting Representative will: -Assess the client’s need and motivation.
-Negotiate an equitable contract and follow through to ensure the acknowledgments of gifts, including on-air underwriting credits.
– Understand the unique sale strategy that selling public media underwriting requires.
- Set and meet monthly cold call requirements.
- Work with community leaders, current clients, Director of Development, Underwriting / Foundation Team, Development Staff and other contacts to develop an on-going client prospect list. Research potential donors and prospects for new underwriting opportunities.
- Prepare funding packages based on the potential donor’s needs, donating history, and public relations/marketing needs.
- Prepare marketing materials for presentations and one on one meetings.
- Oversee on-air and off-air acknowledgment process including promotional activities.
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, set and meet yearly, quarterly and monthly income goals.
- Ensure that underwriting credits and other acknowledgments of donations meet KUER, NPR, FCC and University of Utah standards and practices.
- Maintain and service existing clients including soliciting and working through renewals. Assist with pledge drives.
– Solicit challenge grants and volunteers from corporate clients for pledge. Attend board meetings and be prepared to give reports on underwriting activities and ask board for help in identifying and soliciting new corporate partners.
Working Hours: 40 hrs/week. Some flexible working hours during normal business hours. Occasional evenings, weekends and travel will be required. 19 hrs/week: M – F day hours. Ability to cover some shifts starting at 8 am and other shifts covering phones until 5pm is required. Weekend and evening work during fund drives is possible.
The following full-time (30 hrs/week) position in KUER is now open: Data Entry Specialist
The job number is PRN03438B
Link to Apply: http://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/22221
Qualifications: Two years data entry experience or equivalency required (1 year of college education is equivalent to 2 years of related work experience). Proficiency in the use of data entry equipment and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years database system experience and be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Must be accurate, meticulous and organized to succeed in this position. Strong communication and customer service skills are a must as interaction with our KUER members is an integral part of the job each day. Nonprofit experience and/or experience managing volunteers are a plus.
Responsibilities include: Data entry and record management, deposits and gift/donation processing, generating and sending acknowledgment letters, assist KUER members with questions and concerns through phone calls and email, volunteer management and assistance during KUER Fund Drives, database coding, support some evenings/weekends at KUER special events.
30 hours/week. Can determine within Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Occasional evening work and Saturday work may be required.