RadioWest (M-F @ 11AM & 7PM)
Thu May 3, 2012
5/3/12: Through the Lens - Bully
By Doug Fabrizio
Salt Lake City, Utah –
Thursday, we're joined by Lee Hirsch, director of the troubling and powerful film "Bully." It's the latest in our Through the Lens documentary series. Hirsch has said he wanted to bring the hidden lives of young people who are bullied out in the open. He spent a year following five families - including two trying to find some resolution after their sons took their own lives. We'll talk to Hirsch about the film and present free screenings at 4:35 and 7:10 at the Broadway Centre Cinemas.
Learn more about bullying - and what you can do to stop it:
- The Bully Project
- Utah Pride Center No Bully Hotline, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.: 801-580-7680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other resources via Utah Pride Center
- Follow Salt Lake City Councilman Charlie Luke on Facebook to learn more about his plans for an anti-bullying initiative.
- Bullying resource list through Utah Parent Center
- Playworks is a national organization which partners with schools - including five in Salt Lake City. Part of their efforts are to change school climates to limit bullying.