3/20/07: The Very Hard Way
By Doug Fabrizio
Salt Lake City, UT – Bert Loper met his first love when he was 24 years old. He had lived a hard life - abused, orphaned, roaming from one backbreaking job to another. But when he came upon the Colorado River, his life would ever after follow its flow. Biographer Brad Dimock has written a new book about Loper. Tuesday, he joins Doug to tell the story of early river running in the West and of a man that encapsulated the spirit of the Colorado.
- Brad Dimock's Utah Book Tour:
- Thursday, March 22, 7:00 p.m., Moab Information Center, (435) 259-6003 , Moab
- Friday, March 23, 4:30 p.m., Utah State University, (435) 881-5416, Logan
- Saturday, March 24, 7:00 p.m., Ken Sanders Rare Books, (801) 521-3819, Salt Lake City
- Sunday, March 25, 7:30 p.m., Southern Utah University, (435) 586-7700, Cedar City
- Monday, March 26, 5:30 p.m., Willow Canyon Books, (435) 644-8884, Kanab
- Tuesday, March 27, 7:00 p.m., Canyon Community Center (435) 772-3434, Springdale
Or shop on-line at Amazon.com. A portion of your purchase benefits KUER.