Table of Contents:
KUER public radio, a charter member of National Public Radio (NPR), broadcasts from the Eccles Broadcast Center at The University of Utah. KUER 90.1 is a 501(c)3 non-profit and is a tax-exempt organization that provides a commercial-free mix of NPR, BBC and local news to thousands of listeners throughout Utah and beyond through its extensive translator network. In addition to its FM channel at 90.1, KUER also broadcasts two additional channels in high-definition (HD). KUER2 features the BBC World Service, and KUER3 offers traditional and contemporary classical music. KUER 90.1 and its HD channels can be streamed online at www.kuer.org and with KUER's mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
To learn more about KUER's history, click here.
We want to hear from you! Help us better fulfill your needs by filling out our Community Feedback Form here.
KUER 90.1's Mission Statement
It is our fundamental belief that information and public engagement enrich a community. To that end, KUER 90.1 is intensely committed to building a community of world citizens through story and art, discussion and debate, sound and creativity. Our work is driven by our Public Service Mission: KUER enhances the lives of its audience with a blend of news, information and entertainment in an unbiased, non-commercial context and creates an ongoing source of service and support vital to community organizations.
In 2019, KUER increased our statewide coverage by creating two new bureaus in southern Utah and continuing work on our St. George signal. We also launched a national podcast, Preach, and revamped our flagship program, RadioWest. Check out our 2019 infographic for more details about our growth over the year.
KUER's Local News
KUER is home to an award-winning news team. KUER's local news features include short and long-form stories, ranging in topics from health and politics to the environment and the arts. KUER's local interview program, RadioWest, explores the way the world works with guests like Desmond Tutu, E.L. Doctorow and Diane Rehm.
Maria O'Mara, Executive Director
Joel Meyer, Station Manager
Ja'Naye Payne, Associate Director of Philanthropy
Elaine Clark, News Director
Andrew Becker, Executive Editor for Special Projects
Tricia Bobeda, Director of Audience Development
Doug Fabrizio, RadioWest Producer & Host
Lewis Downey, Engineer
KUER’s Studios and administrative offices are located in the Eccles Broadcast Center on the U of U campus:
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 S Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
The majority of KUER's funding comes from individual listener contributions and support from corporations and foundations. Financial support also comes from The University of Utah, the corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), and other miscellaneous sources.
Click here for a list of the businesses and corporations that financially contribute to, or underwrite, KUER.
KUER's Governing Board
KUER's license to broadcast is held by The University of Utah. The University of Utah, founded in 1850, is the first and largest public higher education institution in the state. It is one of ten colleges and universities in the Utah System of Higher Education. The Utah State Board of Regents, appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Utah State Senate, administers the system.
The governing board is the University of Utah Board of Trustees. A list of current members is listed on the University of Utah Board of Trustees website https://admin.utah.edu/board-of-trustees/. For meeting dates and times, visit https://admin.utah.edu/board-of-trustees/meeting-schedule/.
Please click the following links to open new browser windows to the Web site of the University of Utah, the Utah State Board of Regents Web site, the Web site of the governor of Utah, and the Utah State Senate Web site for more information.
KUER's Advisory Board - click here to view
KUER's Open Meeting Policy - KUER holds open advisory meetings at the Eccles Broadcast Center - 101 S. Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112. Below is a list of all meetings scheduled to-date for fiscal year 2020. All advisory board meetings will be held on these dates from 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM at the Eccles Broadcast Center unless otherwise stated:
KUER Advisory Board Meetings:
- Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Thursday, December 19, 2019
- Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Thursday, May 14, 2020 - this meeting will not be held in person due to concerns related to COVID-19. To join the zoom meeting register in advance here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIsde2qrjMpHNTeEiHgmbVpBPwmEKloM97k
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
KUER Diversity Committee Meetings:
- Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, 111 South Main Street, Suite 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84111-2177
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Thursday, November 18, 2019 - 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, 111 South Main Street, Suite 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84111-2177
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020 - 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Thursday, February 20, 202019 - 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Dorsey & Whitney LLP, 111 South Main Street, Suite 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84111-2177
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Tuesday, May 5, 2020 - 1:00 - 2:00 pm, This meeting will not be held in person due to concerns related to COVID-19. To join the zoom meeting register here: