Airing Saturday, 4/20/2019, at 11 a.m.
Ask a Legal State is a national call-in show about the path to legal cannabis and its ramifications, offering listeners the opportunity to connect with experts in states that have already legalized it.
WNYC and Colorado Public Radio are partnering for a live, call-in conversation about cannabis and the rapidly changing legal, political, and cultural landscapes around it.
WNYC’s Brian Lehrer will host, along with Colorado Public Radio’s Ann Marie Awad. The show will feature guests and reporters from around the country, covering policing and social justice issues and discussions about buying, selling, and using legal marijuana in America. Some of the topics covered include:
- What is the culture around pot turning out to be like in the states where it's legal?
- What are the questions from the states where it's not?
- What has the public health impact been?
- How do we regulate legal weed for public health and safety, from dependency issues to driving while stoned?
- What’s the lived experience of legal weed for new and experienced users?
- Who is using it and how and where and when?
Tune in to this special broadcast Saturday, April 20, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. on KUER. It's Been A Minute With Sam Sanders will be pre-empted.