Utah: This is still the ‘RIGHT’ place, right?
There are nearly 1,000,000 registered Republicans in Utah. That’s just over 50% of the voting population. But they don’t all think the same way. While we can’t read the minds of every single Republican voter, we do get a glimpse every election cycle. And one special congressional race to replace U.S. Rep. Chris Stewart can tell us a lot about where Utah Republicans are at and where they’re heading.
- Jason Perry, VP for government relations and director of the Hinckley Institute of Politics
- Morgan Lyon Cotti, associate director of the Hinckley Institute of Politics
Recommended Reading and Listening:
- Celeste Maloy wins special CD2 Republican Primary race
- Rural Utah is a focal point for CD2 candidate Celeste Maloy
- Drama ensues over Utah GOP CD2 nominee
- Utah Dems see GOP infighting as an opportunity
- Republican CD2 delegates pick Celeste Maloy as their convention nominee
- Gov. Cox wants someone outside the Wasatch Front to replace Rep. Stewart
- Rep. Chris Stewart resigns from Congress, setting Utah up for a special election