Would you like to work for Utah’s premier NPR member station? KUER provides employment in the following departments: Administration, Development, Engineering, RadioWest, News and Operations. Open positions are recruited through University of Utah Human Resources. You can search for current job openings at http://employment.utah.edu/ or view https://www.hr.utah.edu/careers/staff/index.php for additional information.
- University of Utah Human Resources
- 250 E 200 S, 16th Floor
- Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Phone: 801-581-2169
- Fax: 801-581-8462
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your organization would like to participate in a mail list to receive current information about station job openings, please contact KUER Human Resources at the contact below:
- Nicholas Loomans
- University of Utah
- HRM Analyst – UIT/Eccles Broadcast Center
- Phone: 801-585-6021
- Email: Nicholas.Loomans@utah.edu
- 101 Wasatch Dr., Rm. 215
- Salt Lake City UT 84112
KUER and the University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans, and provides reasonable accommodation to the known disabilities of applicants and employees.
The following positions at KUER are now posted:
KUER 90.1 is seeking a radio reporter/producer with an investigative bent. This person will maintain a beat specialty and research, write and produce daily radio stories and long form radio features of local, state or national interests. Candidate should have experience working in the news field and an understanding of public radio and radio broadcasting. Prefered qualifications include two or more years of experience as a radio broadcast reporter and experience filing and reporting for national radio magazines and shows.
KUER 90.1 is seeking an experienced and dynamic Manager of Major Giving with a competitive spirit and the initiative to exceed current levels of major giving. A successful candidate for this key station position must have a strong understanding of philanthropy and motivations for major giving as well as a deep passion for public radio. This person will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects of individual gifts at the mid and major giving levels for annual operations, capital expenditures, planned giving and KUER’s endowment.
KUER offers compensated internships each semester. Application deadlines and schedules may vary between internship positions. KUER internships are not limited to University of Utah students — applications are accepted from students and non-students. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Contact: Elaine Clark – email@example.com
- RadioWest is the weekday interview program on KUER. The intern will learn behind-the-scenes radio production by providing administrative and technical support for the show. Prior radio production experience is not necessary, but excellent computer and research skills, as well as a strong curiosity about the news, are essential.
- Duties include audio editing, listener services, database management, audio archive maintenance and other tasks as assigned. The position requires a commitment of 12-16 hours a week, weekday afternoons (Mondays – Thursdays).
- Applications are accepted through the University of Utah's HR portal. Please include your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in public radio and broadcasting
- Watch for Spring 2019 semester posting in November.
Marketing / Development Internship
- Contact: Gayle Ewer - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internship is filled for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- KUER’s Marketing Team promotes the station statewide through advertising, community engagement, social media and events.
- The marketing intern will assist with email campaigns, social media, community engagement events, station events, non-profit outreach and media contacts.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Good computer and organizational skills are essential. Marketing and social media skills are preferred.
- The position requires a commitment of 15 hours a week during business hours. (Flexible schedule.) Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in public radio and marketing to email@example.com by April 1, 2018.
- Application Deadlines for 2018-2019 academic year: June 1