11/11/08: Reserved to Fight
By Doug Fabrizio
Salt Lake City, UT – Salt Lake Tribune military reporter Matthew LaPlante says that Americans are happy throwing welcome parties and parades for soldiers, but then the men and women are expected to get back to "normal." There's a minefield of social and psychological barriers to rejoining civilian life, and a new documentary called Reserved to Fight follows four Utah Marines through the postwar experience. Tuesday, we're talking to LaPlante, filmmaker Chantelle Squires and veterans about the transition back to family and community.
- Reserved to Fight is airing on KUED Channel 7 Tuesday at Midnight and Wednesday at 9:00 p.m. For details, click here
- Click here for links to Veteran's resources on the Reserved to Fight blog.
- Read Matthew LaPlante's Blog at the Salt Lake Tribune.
- Purchase a CD of today's RadioWest. Please reference show #1614.
- Sign up for RadioWest Podcasts
Music from Today's RadioWest - "Reserved to Fight" Soundtrack. Learn more at the website.