Support the International Rescue Committee with your gift to KUER
Consider making a gift to KUER today, and a portion of your donation can be directed to the International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Salt Lake City.
About the IRC:
Without fail, each year our social good partner is the most popular choice among our community of donors. Forgoing a hoodie or a mug, many of our donors choose instead to have a portion of their gift donated to our social good partner — while supporting two Utah non-profits at the same time.
This year, you can help refugees resettled by the IRC in Salt Lake City, including those evacuated from Afghanistan. With your support, they will receive the resources and services they need to rebuild their lives in Utah.
$6/month will support resettlement and resources for 1 newly arriving refugee.
$10/month will support resettlement and resources for 2 newly arriving refugees.
$20/month will support resettlement and resources for 4 newly arriving refugees.
- Welcoming families at the airport
- Securing temporary and long-term housing options
- Providing essential supplies, including furniture, cleaning and hygiene items
- Ensuring basic needs and access to culturally-appropriate food staples
- Distributing seasonally appropriate clothing
- Supporting families to access physical and mental health services
- Connecting Afghan Humanitarian Parolees with specialized immigration legal services
- Helping families navigate their new community
The IRC in Salt Lake City is one of only two refugee resettlement agencies in the state of Utah authorized by the US Department of State. We at KUER are honored to do our part during this crucial moment.