Table of Contents: About KUER | Mission Statement | Report to the Community | Local News | Senior Management | Funding | Public Files | Advisory Board Members | Advisory Board Meetings | Community Feedback Form
KUER public radio, a charter member of National Public Radio (NPR), broadcasts from the Eccles Broadcast Center at The University of Utah. KUER 90.1 is a 501(c)3 non-profit and is a tax-exempt organization that provides a commercial-free mix of NPR, BBC and local news to thousands of listeners throughout Utah and beyond through its extensive translator network. In addition to its FM channel at 90.1, KUER also broadcasts two additional channels in high-definition (HD). KUER2 features the BBC World Service, and KUER3 offers traditional and contemporary classical music. KUER 90.1 and its HD channels can be streamed online at www.kuer.org and with KUER's mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
To learn more about KUER's history, click here.
We want to hear from you! Help us better fulfill your needs by filling out our Community Feedback Form here.
KUER 90.1's Mission Statement
It is our fundamental belief that information and public engagement enrich a community. To that end, KUER 90.1 is intensely committed to building a community of world citizens through story and art, discussion and debate, sound and creativity. Our work is driven by our Public Service Mission: KUER enhances the lives of its audience with a blend of news, information and entertainment in an unbiased, non-commercial context and creates an ongoing source of service and support vital to community organizations.
In 2017, KUER continued to grow with sustainers, listeners and locally produced content. Find information on RadioWest's guests, the news team's stories and our community engagement endeavors with our creatively designed infographic. Click here for the 2017 Annual Report Infographic.
KUER's Local News
KUER is home to an award-winning news team. KUER's local news features include short and long-form stories, ranging in topics from health and politics to the environment and the arts. KUER's local interview program, RadioWest, explores the way the world works with guests like Desmond Tutu, E.L. Doctorow and Diane Rehm.
Maria O'Mara, General Manager
Ja'Naye Payne, Development Director
Joel Meyer, Director of Programming & Promotions
Andrew Becker, News Director
Doug Fabrizio, RadioWest Producer & Host
Lewis Downey, Engineer
KUER’s Studios and administrative offices are located in the Eccles Broadcast Center on the U of U campus:
Eccles Broadcast Center
101 S Wasatch Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
The majority of KUER's funding comes from individual listener contributions and support from corporations and foundations. Financial support also comes from The University of Utah, the corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), and other miscellaneous sources.
Click here for a list of the businesses and corporations that financially contribute to, or underwrite, KUER.
KUER's Governing Board
KUER's license to broadcast is held by The University of Utah. The University of Utah, founded in 1850, is the first and largest public higher education institution in the state. It is one of ten colleges and universities in the Utah System of Higher Education. The Utah State Board of Regents, appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Utah State Senate, administers the system.
The governing board is the University of Utah Board of Trustees. A list of current members is listed on the University of Utah Board of Trustees website https://admin.utah.edu/board-of-trustees/. For meeting dates and times, visit https://admin.utah.edu/board-of-trustees/meeting-schedule/.
Please click the following links to open new browser windows to the Web site of the University of Utah, the Utah State Board of Regents Web site, the Web site of the governor of Utah, and the Utah State Senate Web site for more information.
KUER's Advisory Board - click here to view
KUER's Open Meeting Policy - KUER holds open advisory meetings at the Eccles Broadcast Center - 101 S. Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT, 84112. All advisory board meetings will be held from on these dates 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM at the Eccles Broadcast Center unless otherwise stated:
KUER Advisory Board Meetings:
- Thursday, July 12, 2018 - 12:00 - 1:00 pm, "State of the Station" informational meeting
- Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 3:00 - 6:00 pm, Market Street Grill Cottonwood, 2985 East Cottonwood Parkway, Salt Lake City, Utah 84121
- Thursday, November 8, 2018
- Thursday, February 14, 2019
- Thursday, May 9, 2019
Capital Campaign Steering Committee Meetings:
- Monday, August 13, 2018 - 9:00 - 10:00 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Monday, September 10, 2018 - 9:00 - 10:00 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Monday, October 8, 2018 - 9:00 - 10:00 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Monday, November 12, 2018 - 9:00 - 10:00 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
- Monday, December 10, 2018 - 9:00 - 10:00 am, Café Niche, 779 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Marketing Committee Meetings:
- Thursday, August 15, 2018 - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, The Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Thursday, November 1, 2018 - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, The Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 12:00 - 1:30 pm, The Eccles Broadcast Center, 101 South Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112