Help Provide Books to Title 1 Schools in Utah When You Donate to KUER
When you make a donation to KUER during our Spring Fund Drive (April 10-17, 2015), your contribution can go twice as far by selecting First Book as your thank you gift. First Book is a nonprofit social enterprise founded in 1992 that provides new books and educational resources to children from low-income families throughout the U.S., Canada and globally. First Book makes new books and other educational resources available for free and at deeply reduces prices - exclusively to educators and community program leaders who serve kids in need, from birth to age 18.
When you donate...
- $5/month (or a $60 one-time donation), 1 book will be donated to a Title 1 elementary school in Utah.
- $10/month (or a $120 one-time donation), 2 books will be donated to a Title 1 elementary school in Utah.
- $20/month (or a $240 one-time donation), 4 books will be donated to a Title 1 elementary school in Utah.
To date, First Book has provided more than 125 million new books and resources to kids in need. They've created the largest, fast-growing network of educators and program leaders working with kids from low-income families throughout the U.S. and Canada: 170,000 strong with 6,000 joining every month. As of December 2014, Utah has approximately 316 Title 1 schools, and 147 of them are currently registered with First Book.
Last year, KUER partnered with First Book for the Spring Fund Drive, and we were able to provide over 1,000 books to the following schools:
- East Midvale Elementary School in Midvale, UT
- Sunset Elementary School in St. George, UT
- Freedom Preparatory Academy in Provo, UT
- Ellis Elementary School in Logan, UT
- Bonneville Elementary in Ogden, UT